2017 Oyster & Wine Fest
Come join us for another Oyster Fest!
The folks at Nomini Bay will be here at the winery selling their oysters fresh from the Northern Neck of VA on December 2nd & 3rd from 11am-5pm! We will be featuring a pairing of 3 different oysters with three of our Bluemont wines. Tickets are $16 each plus tax, and available for purchase online!
About Nomini Bay Oyster Ranch
Nomini Bay Oyster Ranch is located on the beautiful Nomini Bay in Montross, Virginia. They are passionate about growing oysters and caring for the river and Bay. They currently own 160 acres of water rights where they care for and raise their oysters. Nomini Bay started with a million baby oysters in early 2014, added an additional 2 million in 2015, another million 2016, and will continue to grow our operations annually.
Over the past two and half years, they have been focused on raising the highest quality, freshest oysters on the east coast for your enjoyment. If you haven’t tasted their oysters now is your chance! Join us for this annual event. You may just fall in love with them and decide you have to come back again the next time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What does my ticket include? Oyster pairing tickets are $16 and include a tasting of three Bluemont wines and three different types of oysters. Platters can be purchased onsite as well.
- How much do the oyster platters cost? Raw oysters are 6 for $12 or 12 for $20 and charbroiled are 6 for $18 or 12 for $32.
- Do I have to participate in the Oyster & Wine Fest if I come to the vineyard that weekend? No, our tasting room will be open to the general public from 11am until 5pm, and oyster platters will be available for purchase if you choose to not participate in the pairing.
- Will there be other food options available? Yes, the tasting room has a full food menu, including gluten free options.
- Do we need a Reservation? No, reservations are not necessary, but please see our Group Reservation Page if you plan to arrive with a group of 6 or more.
- Do I need a ticket? Tickets will be available to purchase online before the event date, as well as onsite during the event.
Are children allowed? Yes, as long as they are under adult supervision at all times.
Can I bring my dog? Yes, four-legged friends are welcome in our outdoor spaces on a leash. Please pick up whatever they may leave behind.
Can I bring my own food? We respectfully ask you to not bring outside coolers and/or picnics on our property. We have an extensive food menu, and Nomini Bay Oysters are delicious!